Gorgonian fragging question

rioreef

Greg,

In you recent Frag of the Month article you mentioned the following, "After about 30-60 minutes the epoxy is sufficiently cured for the coral to be placed back into the aquarium." I am missing something here and need info.

My question is, does the gorgonian get left out of the water that long, placed in a seperate container with tank water during this curing time or do you keep it moist with say a tank soaked paper towel?

Thanks for you help,
Chris

>does the gorgonian get left out of the water that long, placed in a seperate container with tank water during this curing time or do you keep it moist with say a tank soaked paper towel?<

In a separate container of water, with no significant water motion. Once the epoxy is cured a bit more, then it can be placed back in the tank with lot of water motion.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for a fantastic article. I don't have any gorgonians, nor do I intend to in the near future, but nevertheless your article was extremely well-written and contained wonderful photographs. I do so enjoy this new installment to Reefkeeping Magazine!

Back