Got some goodies from SITC yesterday!

rdmpe

I picked up a couple of nice things yesterday...

A 1.5" Snowflake Blenny, this little guy is tough to get a picture of. He's very dark color with white spots all over, I never managed to get more than a poor-to-fair picture today... Very interesting little fish.

180-445.jpg

180-446.jpg

180-447.jpg

An Eight Line Wrasse, about 3". When I got a good lock at this guy this morning under the Halides, man did he look great! He? She? I really don't know... Anyway, really nice and hopefully will help me take care of the flatworms that I've seen. I've only seen a few, and hopefully with the wrasse and siphoning, I can take care of them without FWE. You can also see a stalk of "shaving brush" macro algae that Marcye tossed into the mix...

180-452.jpg

180-455.jpg

180-457.jpg

I also bought a really nice red and white Coco Worm...

180-462.jpg

180-465.jpg

180-467.jpg

And I picked up a small Red Lobo ...

180-469.jpg

Also a couple of other things that I haven't managed to get a decent picture of. A Blue Linckia and two Skunk Cleaner Shrimp.

Wow, Randy, very nice pics. That blenny looks right at home as does the wrasse. Of all the fish that I've dealt with, I love those blennies the best. They're like little puppies and as soon as he gets used to the tank, he'll be eating out of your hand...literally. GL with it all, Marcye

I can vouch for the starry blenny's puppy dog tnedencies. I bought one of Marcye's other starries about two weeks ago and she has become the star of the tank. She's been eating out of my hand since her third day in the tank!

She hand feeds on either Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef flakes or thawed-out mysis. She eats other foods too but isn't interested enough to take them from my hand.

Mine always eat mysis...but they are herbivorous, so they need some nori, or something similiar in their diets. They are comb toothed blennies and will scrape algae off rocks, but some other form of algae should also be offered (Formula 2, spirulina flakes, etc.) BTW, Whitney, welcome back! There's a little guy waiting for you when I see you next:) Marcye

Who is it? Did Gobi-Wan Kenobi arrive?!!!!!

Val (the starry blenny) eats some of the hair algae that is still clinging to one of my rocks, and I've seen her nip at the red gracilaria too. She's ignored the Formula 2, shows no interest in nori from the clip, and won't touch spirulina flakes. Odd-ball...

Lol...I'll say. Not Gobi-wan Kenobi yet...a "Rainy" day type of guy;)
Randy, that wrasse looks like a painted barracuda in that one pic. Your tank is looking great!

Awesome ! I love my starry too...they are great! Marcye gave him to me as a going away present.{:( } She is the best!
Good luck with your new stuff!:cool: I would recommend tucking that coco worm under an overhang..the bright lights may fade the color. Make sure you are feeding him,and don't worry if he drops his crown. I have had mine over 2 years now,and he has dropped it a few times and grown it back. They will twist all up when they feed.Here is mine in his "feeding mode".

coolcoco.jpg

Do you target feed the coco worm? As far as invert food, I feed about 1/3 cube of Formula Two and 1/4 tsp Coral Vibrance. I just distribute it around the tank though. I didn't notice the coco worm curling up like that. LMK what/how you feed it.

I'd love to see the Blenny's dots change to blue!

Thanks!

Hello, I vary the diet the tank gets..which includes foods that can be soaked in Kent Zoe, Selcon, and sometimes a little garlic extreme. I also feed coral vibrance,and recently started using a dry phytoplankton that Marcye sells made by Julian Sprung. Over the years the one I have used specifically for the inverts is a frozen invert formula made by Ocean Nutrition. It is the one the coco worm responds to the best. I have also used Dt's live phytoplankton,but find you have to be real careful how much you use,or you will get a mad bloom of green film algae on your glass.

Back