great lr score today

fluffhead

I'm stoked,just thought i"d share.I went to the lfs 2 days ago to price live rock and i was quoted 5.99 a lb if i bought over 30 lb.Well when i went there today i found an old freind of mine working and no owner in sight.She sold me 40 lbs of fully cured rock with nice growth and coraline for 120 bucks out the door and threw in a ball of cheato to boot.WE'RE OFF.

Great score. But lets hope that the owner of that store does not read these forums or she may not be your friend anymore. And she will not be working there.I only say this because around here many of the LFS read the posts.But again great score and make sure you buy her lunch for all she saved you.Scott

i got u beat i bought 250lbs off a reefer whos 180 started leaking. 5yr established rock covered in coraline. he had it in his bath tub and 4 20 gallon trashcans. bought all 250 lbs for 150 bucks crazy good deal then i sold 150 lbs of the not as nice stuff to a ral good friend for 150 so all in all i got 100lbs of very nice rock for free!

I got several pounds for free when the cashier rang it up wrong. I left and on the way home thought more about it. I called the manager and made him promise to not yell at the poor girl and I would come back in and make it right. He was so shocked that I even called them. I have this thing with honesty....

Dave

Hopefully she isn't making too many people the same deal, or eventually there won't be a LFS for you to shop at any more.

Great score, but I never let my LFS owner give me a discount, even though I've easily spent $100+ per month there for over 5 years.

I need the LFS to be in business, I don't want to be stuck with Petco. :)

Ya I know what you mean about KARMA,I've learned all good and bad actions come back around.I'd like to think this is some of my good coming back to me.
I've spent ALOT of cash there lately so I don't think one sale at cost will kill the store.
Sounds like some of you have me beat on rock deals,now if i could only find a meth-head with some halides to part with I could catch you all.LOL.

Back