Green Hair Algae problem...

What test kit are you using. Salifert is difficult to read at low levels, but is a good test kit . You need to do a double test, and compare with a sample of tank water.

I know it has been a few days but be careful not to lower po4 to fast & strip the water column if u have sps. Over the year that u let the tank go the po4 continued to build up. They have probably been high for a while now & u don't want to shock the corals by stripping the po4 to fast

it tested around 1.0 and after 4 days with a half a cup of rinsed phosguard its down to .25. will test again soon and add a smaller amount of phosguard if i have too. i don't plan on doing it fast. my sps are always my main concern.

I know it has been a few days but be careful not to lower po4 to fast & strip the water column if u have sps. Over the year that u let the tank go the po4 continued to build up. They have probably been high for a while now & u don't want to shock the corals by stripping the po4 to fast

it tested around 1.0 and after 4 days with a half a cup of rinsed phosguard its down to .25. will test again soon and add a smaller amount of phosguard if i have too. i don't plan on doing it fast. my sps are always my main concern.

Back