Green star polyp care?

fishtk75

I have Green star growing every where how do you all cut all of the corals that grow like that cut it back from growing over top of eash other?
I tryed to cut it off the rock with a blade but it in the holes and cracks in the LR then it grows back more.

soldering iron. remove the rock, while wet if you choose. heat the tip and apply where you want them to stop. works really well, ive done it. they want grow back there, i promise! REEF-ON!!!

They are very hard to get rid of. Some people have had luck peeling off the purple mat rather than scraping it off. Putting marine epoxy over them can work sometimes. You can try to kill them like you would aptasia with kalk paste.

If you can take the rock out, you can break off the piece that has the GSP on it.

I've decided to keep my GSP on a rock on the sand bed not touching any other rocks. This way you can trim off the mat as it grows onto the sand. This prevents it from getting on other rocks where you dont want it and it makes for a good way to frag it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7792039#post7792039 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by theop
They are very hard to get rid of. Some people have had luck peeling off the purple mat rather than scraping it off. Putting marine epoxy over them can work sometimes. You can try to kill them like you would aptasia with kalk paste.

If you can take the rock out, you can break off the piece that has the GSP on it.

I've decided to keep my GSP on a rock on the sand bed not touching any other rocks. This way you can trim off the mat as it grows onto the sand. This prevents it from getting on other rocks where you dont want it and it makes for a good way to frag it.

thanks

Wow why would you kill them off? make money of of them place a small rock nearby and frag it off many people have a hard time finding pretty gsp make money give it away w/e u want to do with it.... its not what you do for your reef its what your reef can do for you. figure u sell a nice piece at 15 bucks thats a bottle of iron or other product.s good luck check with your lfs and see if they will accept them for store credit that reduces the pain of selling and shipping.

real quick... did you see the accident part? I was dipping the bottom portion of the rock to get rid of a bad bristle worm and and the rock tipped over

Back