Grow light for plants

A little off topic, but I really don't know where to go for current information I could trust and this seems fairly related. I was looking into grow lights for my fuge when I got to thinking about an herb garden on my counter. I have been looking at those 45W LED square fixtures on Amazon and was wondering if that would work. I was planning on a 36W LED bulb for my small fuge and thought maybe a 45W fixture would work for potted plants. I need something flat because it is going under the cupboard in the corner and I don't have much height.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I want to keep this cheap and just for a couple herbs so any help would be appreciated. I want to stick with LED and I'm thinking it will be around 1 foot from fixture to plant, so I don't think I need anything extreme.

A little off topic, but I really don't know where to go for current information I could trust and this seems fairly related. I was looking into grow lights for my fuge when I got to thinking about an herb garden on my counter. I have been looking at those 45W LED square fixtures on Amazon and was wondering if that would work. I was planning on a 36W LED bulb for my small fuge and thought maybe a 45W fixture would work for potted plants. I need something flat because it is going under the cupboard in the corner and I don't have much height.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I want to keep this cheap and just for a couple herbs so any help would be appreciated. I want to stick with LED and I'm thinking it will be around 1 foot from fixture to plant, so I don't think I need anything extreme.
I think it would grow it fine.
Do you know the King of DIY?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I think it would grow it fine.
Do you know the King of DIY?

I wouldn't say I'm the king of DIY but I like to try my hand. The issue here though is I want it to be aesthetically pleasing because it is in the kitchen.

I might give those a try. $40 is not too much to spend, but I don't want to be stuck with junk.

I wouldn't say I'm the king of DIY but I like to try my hand. The issue here though is I want it to be aesthetically pleasing because it is in the kitchen.

I might give those a try. $40 is not too much to spend, but I don't want to be stuck with junk.
I was not calling you the King i was asking if you have heard of him?

LOL, I know. I was just saying DIY would probably not look right for the kitchen.
No the whole thing is not DIY its the lights you buy off amazon and put a cord on them and alas its DIY lol
But he does a test with a kessle and the light he did and they grow almost the same you just cant dim the amazon ones.
He just out the video out last night and im about to do it for my 65 gallon planted tank and i bet it would grow the stuff in your kitchen just fine and they are cheap.

No the whole thing is not DIY its the lights you buy off amazon and put a cord on them and alas its DIY lol
But he does a test with a kessle and the light he did and they grow almost the same you just cant dim the amazon ones.
He just out the video out last night and im about to do it for my 65 gallon planted tank and i bet it would grow the stuff in your kitchen just fine and they are cheap.

Do you have a link to that?

No im sorry im electronically challenged and i don't know how to do that lol

a61368bee289a87fe67c812310cfa9b6.jpg

Back