Growing cheato with ai prime?

Alvin88m

Wondering if anyone has tried growing cheato in their refugium with the ai prime. I'm looking for an led for my refugium and was thinking about getting the prime. Any suggestions??? Thanks!

IMO For just chaeto: Overkill. However if you want a nice light for a small tank its hard to beat. I use it on a 20L to support turtlegrass, mangroves and Cassiopeia jellyfish.

The 10w LED floodlights off ebay work pretty well for growing algae. I used one in the back of my biocube as a refugium light, and it grew GHA really well (which is what I wanted to grow, since I didn't have room or flow for chaeto).

I have an Eshine Aquasun LED light i bought a long time ago for my biocube, wanted it because it was cheap and it had the sunrise and sunset feature which i wanted badly but didn't want to spend $500 bucks on one (Eventually did by going with a Maxspec).

Well long story short i upgraded tanks and had it laying around placed it in my sump and got a small ball of Chaeto, less than a month later i had a buckets worth (Got rid of it on the 24th) today is the 28th and i got half a bucket full of it again. i run the light 24/7, there is tons of water movement down there from a powerhead and also from the overflow. its growing so much that i have it growing on the sump walls.

If anyone is close to Rhode Island come see me, i am giving it away for free lol

IMO For just chaeto: Overkill. However if you want a nice light for a small tank its hard to beat. I use it on a 20L to support turtlegrass, mangroves and Cassiopeia jellyfish.

not to highjack the thread but an ai prime on a 20L? must of been a spot light effect yeah? I really would like to see some pics of this setup!

now back to the thread. I think its an over kill but it would be nice. I would DIY a lil led a have made a few now really easy and a lot cheaper than the the ai prime.

Back