Hanna Instruments

wizard2

Hi

Would like to get there equipment. There are so many different ones and I know they all have there purpose but to get them all would cost quite a bit. Which would you suggest getting and are they all needed. I do plan to do reef once I get used to just fish for now.

Thanks mike

Hi

Would like to get there equipment. There are so many different ones and I know they all have there purpose but to get them all would cost quite a bit. Which would you suggest getting and are they all needed. I do plan to do reef once I get used to just fish for now.

Thanks mike
I use the alkalinity checker (HI772) and the phosphate checker (HI774). I think they are great, both only use one reagent and very consistent results. I believe @JohnL uses a few others and maybe will chime in with his thoughts on them.

For fish and later corals
Nitrate high range
Phosphate low range

Later
Alkalinity, fish don't care about alkalinity.
I also have
Calcium

Magnesium is not so critical. I use a salifert test,

Salifert tests are good enough for any parameter for fish.

I use the alkalinity checker (HI772) and the phosphate checker (HI774). I think they are great, both only use one reagent and very consistent results. I believe @JohnL uses a few others and maybe will chime in with his thoughts on them.
I use those and nitrate hr and calcium. You may want to go with Salifert for calcium as it's easier. I use Salifert for pH.

I know exactly how much water my Quarantine Aquarium holds, and also have it marked for water changes. The Hanna Copper Test is dead on testing Copper Power. Other than making sure all the powdered reagent is out of the foil envelope, super easy to use.

If you seriously plan to evolve into reefkeeping (LPS, SPS), you might consider the Marine Master as it test multiple parameters with just one unit. Initial cost upfront is high, but is cheaper in the long run...and you don't have so many of those colored eggs to keep up with! :)

If you seriously plan to evolve into reefkeeping (LPS, SPS), you might consider the Marine Master as it test multiple parameters with just one unit. Initial cost upfront is high, but is cheaper in the long run...and you don't have so many of those colored eggs to keep up with! :)
I had looked at that but was hoping there were other ways then all Hanna

Hanna Instruments is a global company that specializes in the development and manufacturing of analytical instrumentation and solutions for various industries. The company was founded in 1978 by Oscar and Anna Nardo in Padova, Italy. It is named after Anna Nardo, the daughter of the founders.
Hanna Instruments produces a wide range of high-quality and accurate analytical instruments used in fields such as water quality analysis, environmental monitoring, food and beverage testing, pharmaceuticals, and agriculture. Some of their popular product categories include:
  1. pH Meters: Hanna offers a variety of pH meters used to measure the acidity or alkalinity of a solution. These meters are widely used in laboratories, industrial processes, and environmental monitoring.
  2. Conductivity Meters: These instruments measure the Truck Windshield Replacement In Phoenix electrical conductivity of a solution, which is often used as an indicator of its total dissolved solids or salinity.
  3. Dissolved Oxygen Meters: Hanna's dissolved oxygen meters are used to measure the amount of oxygen dissolved in a liquid, which is critical in environmental and water quality analysis.
  4. Turbidity Meters: Turbidity meters are used to measure the cloudiness or haziness of a fluid, often used in water and wastewater treatment processes.
  5. Multiparameter Instruments: Hanna offers multiparameter meters that can measure multiple parameters simultaneously, making them versatile tools for comprehensive water analysis.
Hanna Instruments has established itself as a reputable and reliable provider of analytical instruments and solutions, serving industries and professionals worldwide. Their products are known for their accuracy, ease of use, and durability. The company continues to innovate and develop new technologies to meet the evolving needs of its customers in various sectors.

Last edited:
Back