Hanna vs Salifert test kit

pisces 12

So for over a year iv been using hanna alk test kit and iv notice im dosing double the amount of alk then cal so my mag is 1500, cal 440 and alk was at 8.4 - 8.9 Dkh so i noticed my green hammer was expelling small polyps so i decided to check alk with the salifert test kit i have and it comes up between 12 - 12.8 dkh i tested it 4 times and got the same readings off .1 or .2 different each time all test kits are up to date so im thinking that the hanna isn't what its cracked up to be going to lower alk slowly till i reach 9.0 Dkh

My Hanna Alk meter reads 3.5 - 3.9 dKh higher on my 125 and 232 gallon tanks than my Salifert Alk test 12 dKH vs 9 dKH). I spoke to company tech support and he said make sure curveuttes are absolutely clean on inside (no residue) and outside (wiped off of all fingerprints, drips, etc). On retesting the Hanna meter, the Alk dropped to 11. I'm thinking that Hanna may need to improve the "accuracy" of the meter and decrease its "sensitivity" to outside factors.

hanna test kits have always been my go to and have always given me accurate test results. perhaps get new regent packs to be sure you dont have a bad batch?

Back