Has anyone had any success using medicated foods?

nivram

Just curious. I know tetra used to sell medicated food. Now Dr. Gs has a frozen type. Curious if anyone has had success using these or others.

I have been wanting to get a hold of this medicine. I could see this working if you got all of the fish in the tank to eat the food and in a level that is considered therapeutic to whatever you are battling.

If you find a place that sells this you should let me know! I tried direct contacting Dr. G's off and on for a good month and never got a call back.

I tried Dr. G's for a Sailfin with ich and had to stop feeding it because after he looked as if he was being poisoned. His color changed to a pale white and he was very getting lethargic. The Tang had ich for several weeks but could not shake it buy himself. He was always active and still ate like a pig. I bought Dr. G's antiprasitic and feed him according to directions on the package. An hour or so after eating he would look bad but, then seem better by the end of the day or morning. After several days the ich was still their and I finally discovered the correlation between him eating the medicated food and looking so bad afterwards. I stopped treatment and removed the fish and was successful in curing the ich with copper.

After all that work the Tang was fine and reintroduced into the tank, all was great for a while until he decided to go on a lps eating spree and had to be returned to the store. Sucks that I put so much work into a fish only to have to get rid of him.

Last edited:
so you took the tang out of a tank with ich only to put him back into a tank still containing ich? he will only get it again unless you let the tank go fallow for several months

Back