Have not posted in some time

Charless

Premium Member
I had a rough 2020 just like all of us have. But a little background on my situation, wife got very sick with something other than COVID and required major surgery, then shortly after she came out of hospital and at home recovering, my 220 gallon tank split a seam on the back panel. That was a nightmare. Lost quite a few SPS high end corals. I tried to save as much As I could by giving to friends. But unfortunately most of it perished. So as I was shopping for a tank, we decided to sell our current home and move. So finally got settled into our new home in November. During this time I was working with CDA on a new tank and they delivered me a new tank at the end of November. Got it all set up and what SPS did survive, I was able to bring into the new tank. So just wanted to share a few pics. The tank is starting to hit it's stride. I do have a few named SPS I am willing to trade to build back up collection. If you interested in what I might have to trade. Hit me up with a DM. The pics were taken under all blues with an orange filter with an iPhone. Most of the pics do not do the coral justice.

Charles
90b939df830cbbca256628ae5f7513fc.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg
IMG_3463.jpg
IMG_3462.jpg
IMG_3461.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear of your guys misfortune. Very glad your wife is doing better and you were able to save some corals. Say high to your wife for us.
2020 was not so bad for us, but 2021 has been hell so far! We did manage to survive covid, unlike a good friend. I have lost most of my 30 fish to disease of some sort. 3 of my fish I had well over 24 years, including my very first saltwater fish. I thought it was ICH, but it killed things not normally affected by ICH, like mandrrins. My tank is depressing to look at. I am seriously thinking about getting out for the first time ever. Even my anemones and zenia are doing poorly for some unknown reason.

Damn im sorry to hear this. Glad everything is turning around. I got utter chaos frags for ya free of charge if ya want em, tho i know your a sticks kinda guy haha

Sorry to hear of your guys misfortune. Very glad your wife is doing better and you were able to save some corals. Say high to your wife for us.
2020 was not so bad for us, but 2021 has been hell so far! We did manage to survive covid, unlike a good friend. I have lost most of my 30 fish to disease of some sort. 3 of my fish I had well over 24 years, including my very first saltwater fish. I thought it was ICH, but it killed things not normally affected by ICH, like mandrrins. My tank is depressing to look at. I am seriously thinking about getting out for the first time ever. Even my anemones and zenia are doing poorly for some unknown reason.

Hey Steve,

I will tell her you said hi. Sorry to hear that you and your tank is struggling. Don't give up. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Charles

Hey Steve,

I will tell her you said hi. Sorry to hear that you and your tank is struggling. Don't give up. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Charles

Thank you Charles. I wish I knew what the issue is to even ask for help. I can only guess it is a bacterial issue. Up till now everything I have done has made matters worse. I have lost 25 fish 6 shrimp, a few SPS colony's and even my xenia and BTA numbers have declined. I don't even think I have any copepods any more. I just barrowed a large UV so maybe that will help.

Thank you Charles. I wish I knew what the issue is to even ask for help. I can only guess it is a bacterial issue. Up till now everything I have done has made matters worse. I have lost 25 fish 6 shrimp, a few SPS colony's and even my xenia and BTA numbers have declined. I don't even think I have any copepods any more. I just barrowed a large UV so maybe that will help.

I am no expert. But I know how meticulous you are with your tank. If all the other parameters are good, I would have to go with your thought and say bacteria is a cause. Sorry to hear about all your fish. I can't help replace those, but when your ready for some more SPS, I can definitely help.

Charles

I am no expert. But I know how meticulous you are with your tank. If all the other parameters are good, I would have to go with your thought and say bacteria is a cause. Sorry to hear about all your fish. I can’t help replace those, but when your ready for some more SPS, I can definitely help.

Charles

Thanks Charles! I dosed some Dr Tim's beneficial bacteria twice recently and it definitely made my corals and anemones happier.

Back