Having wierd issue

Nwest

So recently I have been having an issue with my ATO dumping the 5 gallons in my ato container in over the span of a few hours. I am using the TUNZE 3155, at first I thought that could be the issue and the sense is bad but here is the kicker. The water level in the sump doesn't rise, the water level in the display is rising.

I have checked the following already to rule out cause:
1.drain being clogged(have a strainer and full syphon going and nothing is clogging it or causing issue there)
2. Filter sock changed with a brand new one
3. Return line(had some air in it but still running strong)
4. Not a siphon from ATO since its turning on and dumping water in tank

IDK I am at a loss on this one and trying to get it figured out ASAP because I leave for vacation this weekend for a week..

+1 on return pump. Mine did the same thing when I first installed it. I had to dial my pump down to 40%.

I saw your #4 put there is a term called a backsiphon. When you have proper flow but a condition for it. Make sure you have an air gap to prevent that.

I saw your #4 put there is a term called a backsiphon. When you have proper flow but a condition for it. Make sure you have an air gap to prevent that.

ATO line is about 8" above water line so it cant create back siphon.

So the ato puts the water in the tank not the sump ....and the eye is in the sump and the water is not getting to the sump at a normal rate so the eye shuts off the ato pump at the correct height ....easy fix put the ato tube to the sump .....If I'm reading this correctly

If that is the case and your strainer was clogged the ato would keep filling and water would over flow over the top of the tank and your house would be destroyed before the eye in the sump would shut down the ato pump.....

Huh maybe return pump to.strong and strainer is not letting enough flow through to balance out ?

Aaron the problem isnt the Osmolator.

It has to do with the drain and or the return. But nothing has changed and this has been running for a month now....

I had a piece of nori make it's way to the overflow and landed on my gutter guard that I have wraped around the drain kinda like a strainer and it raised my water 3/4" in the tank so I believe a somewhat clogged strainer could do this

Was your return pump brand new when you set this up? The reason I ask is I have heard that some pumps become much more efficient after the "break in" period. If you are running a larger than needed pump and had it set correctly before and now it's moving more water that would cause this. At the end of the day it can only be the pump turned up to high or a clogged drain (even if you have a strainer tiny things can go through it then grow/accumulate into larger things ie. Algae, pineapple sponges). Even a small restriction of flow through the return could cause this. If all else fails shut everything off and lower your water level so you can thoroughly check all your plumbing.

Is the ato line in the same chamber as the sensor?, I have seen someone put the sensor on the refugium side which doesn't change level.

Back