Hawiian Spotted Puffer?

i was thinking about getting one of those. they are supposed to be semi-agressive. plus i think 29 gallons is too small....for just about any puffer fish. marinedepot.com says the Saddle Valentini Puffer would be good for 20 gallons, wheras liveaquaria.com says 30 gallons for the same fish. who knows. good luck.

This guy at the LFS is very smart and I trust him, I have been a costomer there for a long time, and he has never tried to scam me or anything like that. I got a Hawiian Spotted Puffer at Petco, and asked him about keeping my Clowns with it and he said it would be fine, but it might nip at the fins of the fish.

It all depends on the personality of your particular fish...it might be totally fine, and it might just go nuts and harass your clowns to poor health...it's tough to say.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9228139#post9228139 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Slakker
It all depends on the personality of your particular fish...it might be totally fine, and it might just go nuts and harass your clowns to poor health...it's tough to say.

I agree. Besides, pufferfish seem to vary in personality quite a bit, making them fairly unpredictable fish.

you have to watch out if you have corals with the puffer

i just added a valentini pufffer yesterday and he hasnt toouched my only coral i have so far which is green star polyps

i was told they might go after hard corals like sps

good luck they are cool fish

I had a valentini pufffer, once. It was eating tentacles off my anemone. He went back to the LFS.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9230343#post9230343 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BiggySmalls
what store are you talking about in chicago?

I' talking about that place in Deerfield-Fish Planet. GREAT SELECTION!!!!

Back