Heating room rather than tank.

Duzzy73

Hi there,

im putting a large fowlr in my freshwater tank room I was wondering if heating/cooling the room as I currently do to 26 will my equipment heat the water? i plan on titanium heaters as redundancy and an external chiller for same reason. It’s a large tank and in my mind (a scary place at times ) it works and should remain a stable temp but in all the vids I’ve seen there hasn’t been someone heating just the room for marine that I’ve seen.

regards Duzzy

What is the room temp. As long as you keep the room temp in a range for SW tanks, should be no problem.

Generally the system makes some heat from equipment. Mine sits half in a basement that is cool and half in a semi climate controlled room off a garage. My heaters rarely run and it sits at 78.3 degrees. It did go to 81 when the MH lights came and cool slowly at night but that cycle is gone with LEDs

Heating the room is my preference. Water vapor follows heat flow and heating a tank in cool weather and a room is cooler can increase humidity (sometimes a good thing in cold dry weather) and condensation on windows and other things in a room.

Back