Helios superblues?

backlash

I was wondering if anyone has much experience with these bulbs. I've heard mention of them and seen a few pics, but haven't heard much about them lately. I'm would like to try some different bulb combos, and looking for any experiences with these.
Thanks,
Brent

Talk to Grim about them. He uses em. I have read that the reflectors are the suq but they are really nice for flourescing corals. Dont count on putting the bulb in a normal fixture, they wont fit.

Thanks,

Grim, do you know how the superblues compare as far as par and lux to the blue+? I like the fluorescence in your gallery pics, and was wondering how you like them. I emailed commodity axis for some info and pricing but haven't heard back yet.
I wasn't planning on getting any bulbs just yet, but while setting up my new tank I apparently broke one of my off brand marine blues, so I figure its as good a time as any to experiment . For now I'll keep running my cheap 10000k's -maybe replace one with a GE, but I want to try either blue+ or superblues. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,:)

i guess not.

but i may find out.

grim sent me a 36" long helios superblue retro.
it wont fit in my hood as it sits. so i am thinking of taking it out of its housing, and then putting it in my canopy with the rest of the t5hos, for a dusk/ dawn light

Helios (www.commodityaxis.com) will be bringing out standard length bare lamps. I will check PAR on a Helios superblue vs a D&D actinic plus and post results. Probably wont get to that until next week. I can say I prefer the look of the Helios to the 54 watt actinic plus but just by a tad, they are pretty close, I wouldn't complain about either.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6383004#post6383004 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by The Grim Reefer
Helios (www.commodityaxis.com) will be bringing out standard length bare lamps. I will check PAR on a Helios superblue vs a D&D actinic plus and post results. Probably wont get to that until next week. I can say I prefer the look of the Helios to the 54 watt actinic plus but just by a tad, they are pretty close, I wouldn't complain about either.

Is the superblue on their website as actinic's? Also have you been able to do par reading on the superblues?

The Grim Reefer is no longer with us.... :( I don't have any info on par, as I have no equipment for checking it. I was pretty intersted in these bulbs, but it took about 2 weeks for commodity axis to reply to my emails(You would think that their website would be a little more user freindly?)When they did respond their response was very breif and vauge??? -so I just ended up going with geismann bulbs. I'm very pleased with them.
I would still like to find out more info on these bulbs as I'm about to make another purchase. If you have better luck finding out more info please do tell.:)

Back