Hello lighting ?

Nickyfish

Hello
Guys i have been in this hobby over 20 years but always and i mean always a fish only guy. Well mid life crisis and Trying reef

I just bought a 120 gallon oceanic tank and I have a 72 bow. The bow is coming down and I am transfereing all to the 120 but I need to ask about lighting. I have the filtration and skimmer and all of that fine.

Currently On the 72 bow I have 1-Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light (46.8 x 3.5 x 0.44 46 Watts 96 Dual Daylight/96 Dual Actinic LEDs, 192 LEDs Total)

1-Coralife Aqualight Dual Linear Strip T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture

1-Coralife Aqualight Dual Linear Strip T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture

Can someone please give me some advice on what to add to the lighting mixture. And also what bulbs to put in the t5 (4)

I have picked these 2 units out on Amazon and if one of these would work be great because they are both in the budget but I do not want to cheap out and waste money to save some.

also my tank has a cap but its huge How high off the water surface do these LED lights need to be hung or do they need to at all? My current Current-led is on the glass canopy itself

Thanks In advance

here are the 2
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074PL12FM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1BSXM5KIS5MZE&psc=1

Dimensions: 31.5 x 8.5 x 2.4 inches
- Item Weight: 15.5 lbs
- One light is ideal for 32x24" coverage
- Max Coverage at 12" height: 40x24"
- Core Coverage at 12" height: 32x24"
- Avg. Power Draw: 212W Max
- (100pcs) High Intensity 3W Bridgelux/Epileds LEDs
- Channel one: Violet(420nm), Royal Blue(450nm), Blue(470nm)
- Channel two: Green(520nm), Red(660nm), Neutral White(6500K), Cool White(12000K)
- Lens Angle: 90°
- Input Voltage: AC100-240V
- Frequency: 50-60Hz
- Lifespan: 100,000 hours

\
DSunY 3x LED Aquarium Light 360W Saltwater Lamp for Coral Reef Marine Fish Tanks, with 1 Controller, 3W Bridgelux, Full Color Spectrum Grow Dimmable Led Lamp

Each Light Panel
LED Quantities: 40pcs x 3W bridgelux
power consumption: 0.8KWH/day, Max 110 Wattage, save 30% power energy
Optical power: equal 120 Wattage
Dimensions: 11" x 4.7" x 1.4"
Gross Weight: 4lbs
Input Voltage: AC85-264V
Operating Frequency: 50Hz/60Hz
Working Temperature: -20 to 40℃
Beam Angle of Lenses: 120 degree
Lighting Area: 24" x 15"
Suggested hang height: 12"-16"
Warranty: 1 Year

Full Spectrum In Each Light Panel:
Channel 1: 10 pcs 12000K White + 1 pcs 470nm Blue
Channel 2: 1 pcs 410nm UV + 2 pcs 395nm UV
Channel 3: 3 pcs 660nm Red + 6 pcs 470nm Blue + 6 pcs 450nm Royal Blue
Channel 4: 10 pcs 18000K White + 1 pcs 450nm Royal Blue

The single viparspectra light is suitable for your tank/corals..No need for anything else if you run that..

You also could have just used the current LED and the 4 x T5's with some nice ATI bulbs in it and skipped the vipar purchase..

Thank You I have gotten the light and it will remain in the box till I am setup. Do you think my plan of using the new light plus the current and my 2 strips is too much ???

Thanks again
Nick

OK I got the
VIPARSPECTRA Timer Control Series T300 300W LED

today and I put it on my 73 bow Just to see. I am not happy with it. I do not like the overall color or the controls.

Let me ask this.

Price not being a factor (of course not wasting money) with the one 48: current led I have and the 1 48" dual T5 and the 1 36" dual T5 I have.

What would be the best LED fixture to add. I know you reply that what I have could be enough but I am not even happy with my lights on the 73 so I know on the 120 it will be not good.

I see a lot of people talk about the Kessil AP 700.

I just want to order a light and have my tank look great like some of the pics I see here and I like the shimmer look.

Thanks
Nick

What dont you like about the color or controls.?..only by knowing what you want can we make valid recommendations

honestly there is a few things right out of the box I did not like.

1.The remote works very poor. You wind up pressing buttons multiple times because half the time it does not respond.

2.when u have the ch 1 and ch 2 up the light on the tank looks almost all white/yellow. If your bring the white down while leaving blue up its very dark not nearly enough lite for viewing.

3. It has a front knob control but that would be very hard for me to use in my application because I am mounting in my custom wood canopy.

4. The is no shimmer to the light and no option for it.

I guess maybe I should of put some of the things I was looking for in the post originally.
As I look more and more at others reef tank photos both here and on the web I tend to like the tanks i guess that have a more blue tint to the water but also I see some where it seems more bluish but the reds and yellows pop too. Also I really like when u see some shimmer. Not a blasting storm effect but a nice looking shimmer if that makes sense.

I have been asking around locally and it seems the more people you ask the more makes and models and opinons you get. Some people even told me no LED stay with T5's but i figure because I already have 2 T5 strips and the current If I add one of the Better LED I can have the best of both worlds.
If i am going to spend the money I spending I do not mind spending a little more if it makes it look awesome

But I have heard more recommendations for the Kessil AP700 or AI.

I have gone on you-tube and the Kessil does look very nice to me

What do you think ?

And if you do not mind what bulbs do u think I should throw in the 2 dual T5 one day and one actinic in each ??

Thanks

Back