Hello

I get eggcrate (light defuser) from Home Depot. I have some extra pieces laying around if you want it.

Whats with you Pueblo guys and liking the last 2 digits in your screen name.:lol: Joe, I can hook you up with some frags too if you need some to start with.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7039829#post7039829 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Crit21
whatever you do, DON'T put the rocks on top of the sand. Aragonite sand dissolves over time, and all sand shifts. Put the rocks on something solid.

you can put the rock on the sand and then gently wiggle it back and forth to make it settle or, you can place the rock on the bottom and then put the sand around it.

Like Murf said. That is what I did. Put the rock on the sand and wiggle them around till the seated down into the sand. My watchmen goby can still dig and not move the rocks.

Russ, that was the number of my race car back when I had a different hobby. Good number though. LOL

Todd, Murf, I did exactly that, I twisted the rock as I put it down until it sat on the bottom of the tank and then filled in around the empty spots with sand, it seems very secure.

Russ, the number after my name was my old football number, but it is also one of my favorite numbers for obvious other reasons.

I need some help guys, my water is starting to turn a tinge of green. I had the lights on for a couple hours on Friday and the sump light on for 8 hours (forgot it was on). I have went through the green water episode many times with fresh water tanks, but I was hoping that since I was using RO/DI water on the SW tank, that the peas soup problem would not rear its ugly head. Any suggestions? My ammonia has already peaked and subsided to 0, my nitrites are through the roof at the moment, so I'm guessing I'm half-way through my cycle.

Murf, yeah I'm running a Remora C, after talking with Todd I don't think it is big enough for my tank. I figured it is a free form floating algea. It is probably a good thing and I know it will go away after it usues all the nutrients up. I'm guessing the dye off from the LR is fueling it. I just didn't know if anyone had a "quick fix".

Back