Help I think My clownfish is sick

eltitillo

Hi my clown fish has this strange white spot on his tale i have pic, I need help to save hia life because now he is breathing hard and is not eating since this morning. That white thing growing more every day I even bought a skunk cleaner shrimp but the clown won't go near him

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347247072570.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347247072570.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
I just got him like 3 weeks ago. And added a skunk cleaner shrimp last week

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Looks like lymphocystis. It is rare in clowns but it does happen. A viral disease usually brought on by stress. There's no cure, but it is usually not lethal. My Juvi emperor had it when I got him from my LFS and showed up during quarantine. I took like 3 weeks for it to go away, but my emp was eating and behaving normally other than the white lump on his prepercular spine and his tailfin. He is has now been with me for 3 years and is a full adult. In cases where the fish is no behaving right, like not eating, hiding, and overall scared to death, you may need to put him in quarantine by himself with hiding places. Some people just "scrape off" the white lump with tweezers but if the clown is really stressed, you might just kill him. I've heard paraguard is used sometimes, but since it's viral, I doubt it has any effect.

eltitillo, sorry to hear about the fish!! Hopefully someone w/ more knowledge about fish will chime in on this one, but I had a fish that came w/ lymphocystis & I just qt'd & kept it well fed. Fish is still going strong, & continuing to grow.

I wouldn't go trying to scrape it off or treating your tank w/ any meds just yet.

Back