Help ID please

ErosJN

Can someone help me ID this sea hare. I know its native to south Florida...

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• P1030442.JPG
    P1030442.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 0
  • P1030443.JPG
    P1030443.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
  • P1030444.JPG
    P1030444.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 0
  • P1030446.JPG
    P1030446.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 0
thanks for the link! I witnessed it lay eggs on the glass this morning, its a pretty neat looking critter! Snake, I picked it up at Aquatic Visions here in New Port Richey for 10 bucks! She only had 2 left after I purchased mine, said they only come in once or twice a year.

LOL no biggie :) I was worried about it eating since I dont have much algae in my tank, but I found out today that it's fond of algae sheets! (Thank goodness I get the walmart brand because its chomping through them).

Oh yeah. These things ready like crazy. I got one for my 36 gallon, which was full of GHA and it was clean in 2 days. I then had to get Nori shhets and then I got tired of feeding it so I sold it back to my LFS for about 1/2 of what I paid for.

If you need a quick solution to GHA, get one of these.

I just did 1/2 a sheet every 2 to 3 days. If you feed it more, it will eat it, but it will audio crap it out. LOL.

Thanks for the responses. What size was your sea hare? Not too many people seem to keep these guys so I'm kind of testing new waters. Mine is about 8 inches, its bulky too though, would compare it to a medium sized rock.

Oh yeah. Mine was about 4 inches, but it had a large back side and it was a bulldozer too. In all honesty, if you have an algae problem, keep it. Otherwise, unless you enjoy watching it and feeding it on your tank, I would get rid of it once the algae is gone.

Just my two cents.

Back