Help identifying stuff on my sand

afish70

I currently have this stuff growing on my sand bed. Is there anyone in the Westchase area that has a microscope or can come over and help me identify what i have and how to get rid of it? I have pics but have no idea how to get them on here anymore. Let me know. TIA

I currently have this stuff growing on my sand bed. Is there anyone in the Westchase area that has a microscope or can come over and help me identify what i have and how to get rid of it? I have pics but have no idea how to get them on here anymore. Let me know. TIA

Are you suspecting dinos? A pic would help more ppl to chip in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7bb363e4aa7a3b91b64862221e939648.jpg

Here is a pic from my phone. I’m not 100% sure if it’s Dino’s or not. this pic is a few weeks old.

7bb363e4aa7a3b91b64862221e939648.jpg

Here is a pic from my phone. I'm not 100% sure if it's Dino's or not. this pic is a few weeks old.

Thanks bud see if it's possible to get a close up on the sand bed using whites only

I will try when i get home this evening. At least i figured how to get a pic on here again. Bonus!

I do not dose anything regularly and haven't does anything at all in over a month.

What is the bottle test?

1)Siphon out about a liter or so of tank water with some of your algae into a container with a lid.
2)Shake it up really well to break up the algae particles.
3) Pour the water into another clear container while straining through a paper towel or coffee filter.
4) Let sit for a couple hours in ambient light.

If the algae aggregates back together it is assumed to be dinoflagellates.

That is my understanding of the Dino bottle test.

Back