Help Interpreting

nath514

Hello,

I recently did an ATI water test and have gotten my results back. I am trying to understand which of the elements that are off are ones I should actually focus on and which are OK to be off.

My tank is primarily soft corals: mushrooms, ricordia, zoas, rock anemones. For the most part they are doing well although growth is slow. I have a Duncan which has not been opening up much over the last few months and I am worried about that coral as well as a hammer which has been on the decline for over a year.

With those corals in mind which if any of the elements highlighted in the report should I be concerned about.

The report PDF is attached.

I would appreciate any help in looking over these results you can offer!

Thanks,
Nathan

Attachments

• Analyse48859-compressed.pdf
    38.6 KB · Views: 0
Besides potentially raising your salinity a bit over time I don't see anything to react about..
Looks just fine to me..

You may try a bit of coral food and raise your n/p nutrient levels just a bit.. The duncan/corals may be wanting more and starving but thats wanting to find something to do

Thank you for the reply. I will work on the salinity, I think that has dropped as I have moved to only doing water changes every 3-4 weeks. Probably need to keep a closer eye on the salinity. I will increase feedings of reef-roids and maybe some more spot feeding of meaty foods for the duncan.

One thing to keep in mind is hard corals don't like being in an all softy tank & will decline due to excess toxins released in the water by softys, if you have a spare tank id remove the hammer & Duncan to it & id bet they will improve. I had a large amount of GSP at one point & i could see a decline in all my hard corals over time as it grew larger, after removing it my tanks corals are all doing better. Really hard on SPS but LPS can be finicky too.

I agree with raising the salinity slowly until it reaches 35 ppt or 1.0264 SG. Topping off with saltwater or part saltwater would be fine. What kind of SG device do you have?

The other parameters seem reasonable as they are, within the limits of error detection. What is the temperature?

Back