Help Wanted

Mrs Postal

Drysdale Aquarium, Inc. is looking for some help. As a TBRC sponsor, we are sharing this here in case anyone is interested. It is also on our FB page too.

HELP WANTED: Aquarium service tech. If you might know people interested, please share this post.

This job/paid internship is a crash course in everything relating to reefkeeping. Although experience with reef tanks is preferred, if you have good technical skills, the biology can be taught. You would be working with some of the finest reef systems in the Tampa area and you should learn enough become one of the most skilled reef aquarists around.

This is a physically and intellectually demanding job. You must be able to schlep water and deal with working on ladders and inside cabinets, but it's not all hard labor. The better you are at the job, the less you have to work at it...

Basic knowledge of reef care/chemistry and fish health are required. So is a strong back. Hours are Tues - Thurs from 9 am til we're done - typically back at the shop by 4-6 pm, which makes for a 25-30 hour week. Additional hours are available at the shop on an as needed basis. Pay is $10/hr for 30 day probation after which I tend to be the highest paying aquarium company in the region for qualified employees/interns. I expect a lot, so I also reward a lot.

Please remit resumes (informal is fine) to doug@drysdaleaquarium.com or visit me at the shop on Saturdays during our business hours to apply.

Back