help with my water

bpledger84

Ok here's my delima I have had a recent outbreak with hair algae. My original source of water has phosphates in it. So I'm no where near a lfs and need to do a water change. Could I use regular tap water with a conditioner for the time being? Thanks any advice is appreciated.

Unless you change your water source I'm not sure a conditioner can remove the phosphates that are feeding your algae unless it is specific to the removal of phosphate. When I think of conditioner I was thinking more chlorine etc.

Ok here's my delima I have had a recent outbreak with hair algae. My original source of water has phosphates in it. So I'm no where near a lfs and need to do a water change. Could I use regular tap water with a conditioner for the time being? Thanks any advice is appreciated.

March thee to a grocery store and buy distilled water. (Hopefully your tank isn't huge, because that can get tedious.) Before I got my RO/DI unit, I used to get 3 gallons every time I went to the store, which was enough for one water change in a 29 biocube.

If I were you, i'd invest in a decent RO/Di unit. It'll save you headaches in the future and you'll be 100% happier. Its a wonderful investment, and totally worth the money. Distilled water is your second best option, just don't use the water out of the grocery store's RO machine. Its garbage. good luck!

if i were you, i'd invest in a decent ro/di unit. It'll save you headaches in the future and you'll be 100% happier. Its a wonderful investment, and totally worth the money. Distilled water is your second best option, just don't use the water out of the grocery store's ro machine. Its garbage. Good luck!

+ 1 ^^^

Back