HELP!! with RBTA loosing color

fishanator

Hello guys, i need some help. I have a RBTA and it's losing its colors. The only color left in on the very tips of the tentacles. and now recently the tentacles have started to get smaller. The anemone is well attached still and does not move from the back of the tank. It also contracts and expands several times during the day. the mouth is also still closed. I tried to feed it a piece of shrimp yesterday and it took it and completely contracted. but a couple hours later it spit it back out.

Temp: 80
Ph: 8
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: .15
Nitrate: 1
Phosphate: .25
Salinity: 1.025

Attachments

• 20200919_132043.jpg
    20200919_132043.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2
Tank is 6 week but when was the bta added? Probably at week 2. A bta don’t bleach overnight. a 5 gallon tank? Just keep changing water everyday. Change water after you feed. Change all day long if you must. 5 gallons is nothing in water and salt vs saving your tank. Do this til you finish cycling. Nitrite at 0. Every time you see the nem deflated I would change water. Let it suck in new clean water. And you lights probably no good. Since it’s 5 gallon you could put it by a window and let it have natural light. Good luck.

Agree with above. Tank too early and not mature enough. Small volume won’t keep it happy for long term so daily WC. That light is too weak for it.

Back