help with this id pls

twnship

the first pic is a big pic of it. The second pic i outlined the features that will help make out what it is The two arrows in the second pic are the anteneas and the black circle part is its body and the red outline is what it breathes through Hope someone can figure it out as i have wanted to know for months what it is\
hitchicker.jpg

hitch.jpg

Geeze... really hard to tell from the angle of the picture.. My guess is some kind of filter feeding clam or oyster. Does it move about or just stays there?

I think it might be a brachiopod too. If it is then what you are calling the tentacles are both part of the lobophore. The highest resolution and sharpest picture you could get of that part of the body would be great. Neat!

Kevin

Wow that is kinda neat to have something that has evolved over the last 100 million years and was nearly extinct thats cool. I read that info on some websites from google i just typed brachiopod in there and went on reading stuff.

Anyways ill try to get a better pic i have to move the rock to get it facing the front of the tank to do it

Could it just be a bivalve?

it could just be a bivalve, yes. Try to compare your critter to pictures of bivalve gills and brachiopod lophophores.

Kevin

Back