Help

Cuzzoo

Do yall think I should remove these corals? My acan is all white and my hermits definitely eating it. My mushroom just keeps getting worse! I’ve moved it thanking it was burnt by the light and it started to do better. Now it’s looking rough!! I had a rogue red mithrix crab that I believe was eating my coral but he’s been removed as of yesterday! I just did a 10 percent water change today

Attachments

• IMG_1705.jpeg
    IMG_1705.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1706.jpeg
    IMG_1706.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Acan looks gone. Mushroom pic is a bit too fuzzy for me to make any determination.

That said, I’d leave the skeleton of the acan in as I have seen little buds come out months later before (not common but not overly rare either).

Thank you for your opinion! The mushroom is in a hard spot to get a good picture of. I’ll try to get a better one and upload it! Seeing the acan skeleton was making me sad because it was doing soo good and soo beautiful! Was actually doing the best out of all my coral until I woke up with it looking like that over night about a week ago! I moved it and the hermits won’t leave it alone so I removed it from the tank about a hour ago. It was just making me sad seeing it like that!

Acan looks gone. Mushroom pic is a bit too fuzzy for me to make any determination.

That said, I’d leave the skeleton of the acan in as I have seen little buds come out months later before (not common but not overly rare either).
^this

Unfortunately I didn’t leave it in. My mushroom is looking worse and I can’t get a clear pic of it! All my other coral are doing good still! I’m not gonna add any more coral until the coral I have start going!

Unfortunately I didn’t leave it in. My mushroom is looking worse and I can’t get a clear pic of it! All my other coral are doing good still! I’m not gonna add any more coral until the coral I have start going!
That’s a good plan. Figure out the issue and then add.

Remind me again, what are your water parameters? IME, LPS and softies like a little bit, “dirtier” water than SPS.

My parameters are Alkalinity - 8.5 , Nitrate - 5 ppm , pH - 8.2 , Nitrite - 0 , Ammonia - 0. Okay I will keep that in mind and thank you for your help!!

I’ve moved my mushroom that wasn’t doing good to a shaded area in my tank it hasn’t started doing better but it’s not looking any worse either! One of my zoa’s I believe grew two new polyps. They are pretty tiny and I don’t remember having any that tiny on the frag when I bought it

I would do some water changes regularly with a good salt mix. Keep the tank condition stable with good heater/controler and consider some form of auto top off. Stability is very important for corals.
Give us a list of your CUC. Some of the animals that are sold as CUC should not be in a reef tank.
Lastly, how did you set up your tank. Did you have good diversity in your tank or was it set up with dead rocks?

I do bi weekly water changes and use tropic marlin pro reef salt. My parameters have been pretty stable for about two months now. I used dry rock and dr Tim’s one and only at first until live rock was available at KP Aquatics. My live rock from KP Aquatics did cause a nitrate spike for about two weeks but nothing extremely high from what I’ve gathered over research , was about 50 ppm and got it back down to ten ppm after some small water changes and finally a twenty percent water change to bring it back down to ten ppm and that was at least a month and a half ago. I have ten snails ( 3 nassarius , 2 coralline covered cerith , one tiny black cerith that came on my live rock , 2 turbo , 2 astrea ) , I’ve got three blue leg hermits , peppermint shrimp and a candy cane pistol shrimp.

I do have a ATO in a three gallon reservoir. I do water parameter test every Saturday. I just did a twenty percent water change today my Alkalinity was super low

Water change did not bring alkalinity back to normal which has been ( 8 . 2 ) for me. I’m not sure as to why! I use Primo RO water and it’s never done this before. Anyone have any ideas as to why it didn’t bring it back up? Thanks in advance!!

I forgot I had bought Red Sea coralline gro back when I was setting up my tank. I just dosed and got my alkalinity up to 9. I’m gonna see if my coral like it at that better and if so I’ll just shot for that range from now on

Are you using a new bag/box/bucket of salt? Could be a bad batch. Mix a new batch of saltwater and test that for Alk.

Back