Helping a friend upgrade...

flchevygrl

Hello looking to help a friend update his tank. He wants to start with new sump.
So what size would be good for a 135 gal.? He was thinking 40b or 55gal diy

Tia

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have a brand new 55 gal I will sell. Never seen water still has the paper tags on it $85

I like the biggest u can fit but a 40b will be fine too if built correctly to handle the back flow in a power outage

If you want a 40 breeder or 55g you can get them for $50 and $65 respectively at Petco on sale through the end of today (29th)

I will find the receipt. I had planned on returning it. I only bought it a week ago and didn't fit in the location

Hello looking to help a friend update his tank. He wants to start with new sump.
So what size would be good for a 135 gal.? He was thinking 40b or 55gal diy

Tia

Sump size just depends on what you want to achieve. Generally the bigger the better for room for equipment, easier to maintain water parameters. & different sections for different things. I like to use a standard aquarium & add baffles to my liking. I would start by making a sketch of what you would like it to be such as : water in from display tank to filter socks, section for protein skimmer, section for cheato, section for return pump etc. Then measure the available room in the stand & space to put in a sump to narrow down what you could use. Then compare your sketch to the list of possible sizes to determine what will work best.

This the drawing he made at lunch today.
How should the baffles be placed?
ead62f0818318cf50ee2b1fcdae834a8.jpg

Back