heniochus diphreutes

Well according to most of the stuff I've read here on RC and other articles on the net, they all say the diphreutes (schooling fish) is the reef safe.

I guess it's sort of the opposite of angels, every now and then you'll get an angel that won't harm a single coral. With the heniochus, I guess you might sometimes get one that might nip on corals.

Just my opinion based everything I've read, obviously I didn't conduct my own research especially since I have a 20g tank :p .

The H. Diphreutes is the safest choice of the genus, still can pose a threat. I think they are a great fish overall as they are very beautiful and hardy. what size tank are you putting it in?

I have kept a couple of the h. diphreutes in my reef. The first was awesome, completely reef safe for over 2 years, I lost it to an ick outbreak. What a prized fish that was! A stunning fish in the display that every one commented on.

The second is also a great fish, that is until a new fish (a blue stripped rabbit) "taught" it to eat zoas. It is still SPS safe and most LPS are safe (I have frog spawn, hammer, trumpets, even favia) but it now devoures zoas on site like an offering of candy!

Now, like with keeping dwarf angels, the constant grazing this fish does may reduce day time PE from SPS, but I have never seen my butterfly or coral beauty actually harm and SPS coral.

.... and I've been watching a long time!

The H. Diphreutes is the safest choice of the genus, still can pose a threat. I think they are a great fish overall as they are very beautiful and hardy. what size tank are you putting it in?

i have 65gal with 45 gal sump

I have kept a couple of the h. diphreutes in my reef. The first was awesome, completely reef safe for over 2 years, I lost it to an ick outbreak. What a prized fish that was! A stunning fish in the display that every one commented on.

The second is also a great fish, that is until a new fish (a blue stripped rabbit) "taught" it to eat zoas. It is still SPS safe and most LPS are safe (I have frog spawn, hammer, trumpets, even favia) but it now devoures zoas on site like an offering of candy!

Now, like with keeping dwarf angels, the constant grazing this fish does may reduce day time PE from SPS, but I have never seen my butterfly or coral beauty actually harm and SPS coral.

.... and I've been watching a long time!

thanks, this was very helpful i think i will get one

Back