Hey Apex Owners....any UNDERWATER live cameras out there?

NO3

In Memoriam
I always thought it would be cool to have an underwater live camera inside my tank that I could watch via the Apex phone App

And/Or

Watch via a live streaming URL.

Anyone out there done this?Researched it?
How much was the equip?
How hi quality iss the video, HD?
I'm sure the camera would have to be pulled every 2-3 days to clean the lens

I would think Neptune would make a FORTUNE with an underwater camera to watch "live action"....

Dashcams in cars mounted on inside windshields with 120 degree 1080p HD video are REALLY INEXPENSIVE for like $80-$100 on Amazon with 50+ Mfgrs competing for your sale.

Im sure for $150-$200 Neptune could make a submersible HD camera with a 120 degree viewing angke and make a HUGE profit

Last edited:
Seriously? No one has ever research ways to do this?

In sitting on a million$ idea I guess to propose to Neptune

Not an underwater camera but I have a couple Arlo Go portable HD cameras that stream live to the Internet. love them - can take them anywhere. They do video/audio and have a speaker function. You can use your cell phone or web browser to connect to them and view/download past (motion detected) video, or watch it live, it will alert on motion/audio detection (or you can turn this off). I have an unlimited carrier wireless plan but it doesnt seem to use too much data plan. Arlo also gives you so many free MB/mo for saved video. Easy to setup too - just put the carrier SIM card in it and setup your Arlo account and your done.

Arlo also makes some for attaching to your home wireless network if you dont want the one that streams live via carrier (eg. Verizon, AT&T, etc) SIM card plan

I researched a little...

Easiest is to have a cam outside tank looking in....

I just think its a million$ idea to have a submersible cam combo'ed with a foodclip. Imagine watching video of fish eating with their big ole faces in the camera lens. Look like JAWS attacking. Lmxo

Million$idea if someone wants to run with it

Last edited:
I researched a little...

Easiest is to have a cam outside tank looking in....

I just think its a million$ idea to have a submersible cam combo'ed with a foodclip. Imagine watching video of fish eating with their big ole faces in the camera lens. Look like JAWS attacking. Lmxo

Million$idea if someone wants to run with it

Look at TMC underwater reef cam.

Back