Hi. Eels and success or not

hrdneglcry

Premium Member
Hi. Many years ago I had a Tess Eel in a 180. Well recently I purchased an Eel from a private seller. He told me it was 22-24" and charged me $80. I picked up eel and brought it home and it was 15". It was a Snowflake and I went and bought two more Eels. A 12" Snowflake and an 11" Barred. I put all into a 120 gallon. The biggest Snowflake began attacking the other two. He would not stop looking for them. So he went into a 90 for time out. I didn't properly seal the lid and he got out and died. Ot was horrible because he was much bigger and more social than the smaller ones. So now I have ordered another 15" Snowflake to put in with the two eels. Most of the time Snowflakes will get along but it does concern me that the new one will be a jerk. Also the shipping scares me as I worked for fedex and saw wet boxes come in with fish.

I have had 2 snowflakes together for several years. They used to be in a 75 but live in a 180 now. They both came from a LFS. I have never had one shipped.

My snowflake is 13". I ordered a 12-17" one from SW fish but they sent a 7-8" one. My eel attacks it. I'm afraid he will eat it. The other eel is quite small compared to him. So I moved him into a ten gallon. I'd like to keep him in the big tank but I don't want him to get eaten by the other snowflake which attacks him pretty hard.

Back