hi guys long time no see looking for Xfactor monti

rljlll

hi everyone im a long time member but moved out of state. i know the old timers remember me im sure. i moved out of state to Mi. Finally setting a tank back up after 3 years. im looking for a few things.

1 A pump that can push enough headway against it being in the basement looking for high quality external(preferred).

2 Franks Xfactor monti foliosa i believe if i remember right. It has been a very long time since i have seen him or anyone there. i hope i have the coral right. im willing to pay to have it shipped but i would like to see someone have a bug free colony to frag from and have it encrust for about a month or so while i finish plumbing into the basement. tank is already cycling and 2 fish in quarantine.

ill work up the head length tonight or tomorrow but i would guess a good 20-30 feet minimum.

thansk again for everyones help

Roy

I have seen xfactor montis at the PROP auctions in the past, and there is one coming up in 8 days, I havent seen any at the few LFS I have been to in the last week.

ok been doing a small bit of looking and it seems something like a mag drive 18 or equivalent would give me just about 500gph at the tank. does anyone have a suggestion for a pump. looking for a solid high quality one. Money isnt so much an issue but i dont want to go insane with the price either.
where is all the old timers kirsten tiffany frank etc etc any of you still alive /poke /poke

ok a bit more research i found what seems to be one the best pumps on the market lowest energy consumption of most very low decibel rating on noise and lower heat them most.

Iwaki MD40RLT Water Pump (Japanese Motor)

ill link to marine depot if thats is aloud i hope since they are one of RC supporters if not my appologies and ill remove the link

http://www.marinedepot.com/Iwaki_MD...um_Pumps-Iwaki-IK1123-FIWPEPZT-IK1143-vi.html

this should give me just about 541gph at my tank appox.

The Japanese Iwaki's are great but just make sure that is what it is. Or go with the blue line equivalent. Basically a very similar pump to the better Iwaki's

Back