Hollback's New System

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14389466#post14389466 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by szwab
Rockwork looks good jason. the structure on the right looks like Barney the Dinosaur

LOL! Just wait until it's covered with purple coraline.

Quote:
""""250 on the left, 400 on left. """

Jason: How did you make this set up with 2 left arms???

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14390225#post14390225 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sammie
Quote:
""""250 on the left, 400 on left. """

Jason: How did you make this set up with 2 left arms???

Sorry, that should read 250 on the left, 400 on right.

Wow... well thought out and documented. Bravo! Looks about a year away from TOTM material ;)

-- Kevin

Thanks a lot Kevin!!!

Here are some of the fittings I got today at Savko. The plumbing is now underway!

plumbing1.jpg

Very nice wave. Inside of the tank looks very "clean," too. Think there's anything for which that amount of flow would be insufficient?

I was talking to Eric about this last night at the meeting. I think the wave flow really does a good job of moving fresh saltwater over the tissue flesh. This allows for waste removal and oxygenation. I think this would be beneficial to all corals softies to SPS. I'm using the Tunze to create my wave effect and a Oceans Motions to create random directional flow in the display.

I think Jason's doing it right, getting some nice rocking flow with a little bit of random thrown in. I wouldn't be at all surprised if his hunch about oxygen and waste exchange is right on. With a nice wave, just about ever section of every coral is hit by a little wave one way or another.

Brad (Mantis) and I both have a similar setup in our tanks as well. Brad specifically has some great looking SPS colonies, but doesn't hammer his tank with a ton of flow. Just a nice gentle back and forth that seems compatible with softies, LPS, and large SPS colonies alike. His largest SPS colony is the furthest from any pump at about 5-6'.

Back