How are everyone's choati leopard wrasses doing?

awesome arent they ? i have ywo left , one died last night for some reason he didnt like his home i guess . they have been in my tank for a couple of months now and really have shown no signs of distress . changed some water last night but everything was good before i did so i was shooting in the dark at best .

I am sorry to hear that iamwrasseman. Do you have any idea what happened? Was s(he) hunting? Eating?

all three were eating but yesterday i did notice that at 1 30 they werent out swimming for some reason and i cant figure it out . i did a large waterchange and ck water before and after , all seem fine . no bad signs or explanation of cause just one didnt like the playpen i guess ! i did a semi autopsy and found no worms in the belly and i have a friend checking with a microscope looking for anything . just another science project i guess but we are looking a bit ,i will let you know steve
thanks for the concern~ Dave

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14813454#post14813454 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by iamwrasseman
wow what can happen in eight hours ! i have one of my choati leopards that is fluttering ,flipping etc all over the bottom of my tank .definatly looks like the death dance to me !gonna keep my fingers crossed and just did a large water change ,checked the water peramiters and all looks okay . my choati aint digging it tonite ,hope he nips it in the bud and gets better real quick !

Oh no! I just read where he didn't make it. I am sorry. I hope you can find the cause. I would be checking things out with my scope too if it was my fish. Keep us posted.

well my friend just told me he found nothing and the wrasse even had food in its stomach ,maybe some bacteria from feeding him ,i really dont know but i will be changing the way i feed from now on in the hope i may have had contaminated food .just wasn't meant to be ,i am at least lucky to still have two left and will keep an eye on them a bit closer the next few days . i do appreciate the concern guys and will let you know if we find anything but so far nothing .

Back