How do you guys feel about a wrasse as the first fish

BryanCaruso

I was trying to figure out my first fish and was leaning towards a flasher wrasse. My old tank I had a mystery wrasse very cool fish but loved to eat shrimpšŸ˜”

Depends on what your other fish will be. What kind of wrasse? They are jumpers, so covered tanks are necessary.

I was thinking mckoster wrasse. As far as other stocking um prolly a clown fish, maybe a dwarf angel I like the sand sifting gobies. Hopefully cleaner shrimp, and a royal gramma is what I was thinking and In about a year a mandarin

Should be fine with that fish. Non aggressive, won't bother shrimp and doesn't require heavy feedings. Like Nook said though, need to have a closed top.

Depending on the size of wrasse, small fairies especially, they may get through the egg crate. Build a screen top. Everything you need to make one is at HD or lowes. Cheep and will let more light into the tank than egg crate.

Depending on the size of wrasse, small fairies especially, they may get through the egg crate. Build a screen top. Everything you need to make one is at HD or lowes. Cheep and will let more light into the tank than egg crate.

This is true except the screen material itself. Ive found the best screen in the 1/4" from BRS.

Friends don't let friends use egg crate or bird netting. Get the small stuff your fishy friends will thank you.

Well I found a whole mother load of screens in the basement and I found the spline tool. So all I need is the netting. I have a farm and Home about a mile away. I was wondering if they may have a wider range of selection. Or does any local fish stores stock the food stuff I am cutting the frames now.

You might find an LFS with some. If not youll have to order from BRS. If you order it now you'll have it by Monday or Tuesday.

I guess I will have to trim them down. So is the Home Depot stuff black or clear I know 1/2" but was wondering on the color

Well I found some tulle stuff laying around and finished frame opinions on that? Doesn't seem to block too much light and total investment on the cover is 0$ unless tulle is a crappy solution

Back