Votes: 67 25.8%
  • $40 - $20 Gallon

Votes: 72 27.7%
  • $20 - $10 Gallon

Votes: 19 7.3%
  • Under $10 A Gallon

Votes: 6 2.3%

• Total voters
about $1300 on my 29 gallon, and using most of the equipment from the 29 on my new 77 gallon, add about another $3000

Keith

i voted 10-20$ per gallon, but i did not take into consideration livestock. As i dont have much yet, im sure that i will be well into the 20-40 section once fully stocked and fully set up.

I'm at about $30/gallon on my fairly new tank. I don't really have any corals yet and only a couple of fish/inverts.

i think i spent a total of 50$ on a 10 gallon. Included was tank, light, 2 clowns, neon goby, BTA 10 pounds live rock heater and filter. lol Granted i inherited everything but the BTA and goby and rock :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6978065#post6978065 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RobbyG
Aquarium Salt Water is probably the most expensive Liquid per gallon on the planet :D

I beg to differ, Aqurious Bottled water is $19.00 for 12oz.
I was at a local resturaunt that had it and my wife ordered a water and that was what we got. When the bill came i crapped brick.

The real question is are you done "setting up" your tank. I am at a reasonable (IT'S ALL RELATIVE) amount right now with my 75. hovering in the neighborhood of 2Gs. (Got some nice freebies too!) But I think I'm still kinda setting up... it could take quite a while to get set up. "Don't worry honey. I'll pace myself."

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6969651#post6969651 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kalare
I've spend almost that much on a 30g. I'm crazy though. True, I think smaller tanks cost a decent amount of money to set up. In my case with my smaller tanks, I usually deck them out enough to handle a tank 4 times their size (simply cause I like equipment). Also, tanks 40g and under usually don't have speciallized equipment so you end up buying stuff for a 100g tank and putting it on something smaller. Same initial setup cost, smaller size.

You got that right and Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢m still planning some upgrades and changes so the total amount is going to go up.

It's going to be around 3K after setup is complete. The light fixtures, stand, sump, canopy, and refugium are home made.

i'm at about 23 bucks a gallon to set up a 29. i used to have every receipt from tank related purchases, but it got depressing

What the hell is Aqurious bottled water? what makes it worth $202 a gallon? For that kind of money it better be served by Halle Barry in the buff, sitting in my Lap and putting the bottle up to my lips :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7014618#post7014618 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Carman34L
I beg to differ, Aqurious Bottled water is $19.00 for 12oz.
I was at a local resturaunt that had it and my wife ordered a water and that was what we got. When the bill came i crapped brick.

Just Bumping this old thread so maybe more people can add info to the Poll and newer people can see it.

I would say im at 5K for 82G on a T5 Tek setup Full reef. I figure ive got about 1k until ill let it settle for a few years. (yeah right)

thats...$61 per gallon right now, maybe $72 when all is said and done?

A lot lower than i was guessing as well. It feels like hundreds per gallon.

I've kept track of the cost of setting up and marginally stocking 3 tanks over the years, a 37, 180, and 10 gallon. Some new equipment, some used equipment, and some DIY. They all came out to cost within a dollar of $30/gallon.

Back