How to dose

Greywaczera

I no nothing about dosing for my reef tank. Does anyone have any input - easy/best wasy to do it. What do i dose. I really am new to dosing...if you cant notice, i have no idea. Any DIY ideas...What do you do for your tank?

Best bit of advice i can give is that if you cant or dont test for it dont dose it. Personally I use the red sea additives in my reef to keep my calcium, alkalinity, amd magnesium where they should be and have had really good luck so far. The best thing to do is try to figure out how much of each of those that you burn through a day by testing daily for a week or 2 and then start to dose a little at a time until you figure out how much you will need to add daily to keep your levels steady because the more stable your parameters are the better your corals will look and grow.

Agreed, don't dose anything you don't test for. I use everything from bulk reef supply. I kept my parameters up with kalk and mag supplements and when growth really started to take off I used alk and cal supplements in addition to the kalk. Like bob said, you have to test everyday and see how much everything drops and figure out how much you need to supplement.

And don't ever stop testing my tank demands a little more every week I use everything from bulkreefsupply and they have a calculator you put your info in they tell you how much to add and if the dose needs to be separate I started off with alk only tested alk and dosed alk to get use to it then once I felt comfortable I moved to calc and Mag got them lvl then dialed in my calc reactor to my demands till I didn't have to dose anymore

Can you dose Vodka? what does that do? Yes I agree dont dose if you cant test for it. Will regular water changes each week, suffice for what the corals need?

Back