How to tone down blue from LEDs?

NewbyReefer

So I recently went LEDs but now when trying to take pictures, everything looks so blue. How can I get the colors I'm seeing to match what the camera is capturing?

If you are shooting with a slr, manual setting and set white balance to 10k, you might have to adjust a little more in software, I use Lightroom.

+1 manually adjust white ballance than save it :) 10k might be ok but play around with it.
btw photoshop works well too.

If you are shooting with a slr, manual setting and set white balance to 10k, you might have to adjust a little more in software, I use Lightroom.

Take a look a this thread: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2281136

Basically, you need to adjust your white balance settings either before or after you take the picture. Most cameras allow you to set a custom white balance. If you adjust your white balance afterwards, you'll really want to save the files in your camera's raw format, if it allows you to do that. If you can't do either, try using the cloudy, shade, or possibly even night color balance setting if your camera has that. It will probably still be too blue, but it should at least be closer.

Back