How to turn you RO/DI filter into a drinking water filter?

jrizo1

With the hurricane Irma out there and the stores out of water already I am thinking about turning my RO/DI unit into a drinking water filter
I remember reading some where that one of the filters will need to be remove to make the water drinkable I just don't remember witch one.

Remove the DI filter. You can drink DI water. But your body need ions; generally speaking.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yup, just bypass DI resin and you get good drinking water.
Just use the product water line that comes right off your RO membrane

I drink di water. When I drink water at home at least. It tastes delicious. I get tap water and bottled water too. In an emergency you will drink anything that won't kill you. Di will not hurt you.

DI water is ok to drink as long as it's not the only water you drink and is not good long term. Definitely not something I would do in an emergency situation, I would just take the line out of the RO and use that or even just use the water out of the carbon blocks if you're making the water ahead of time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yea, Got 35gal of RO/DI for the tank. And my system has a split that bypasses the DI and then goes through a carbon/mineral filter to a faucet on the sink. Makes great coffee. Just need to find a few more jugs to store up some in the freezer.

I put a t john guess before the di and when I want drinking water I just open up the valve I have installed after the t. Now in a perfect world u would add a pressure tank at this t I'm talking about and it would store a couple gallons of water at all times and also fill as fast as your fridge water or faster if u had the pressure tank installed

Back