Huge Tank!!!

Hey guys,
Just wanted to share some excitement on my recently aquired 340gal glass tank!! This monster is almost 11 feet long! It's like two 180's side-by-side. I had to buy a new house to accomodate it!
I'm trying to gather up the support equipment before we move in March/April so if anyone has anything laying around (halide pendants, ballasts, skimmers, pumps, etc...) for sale, I may be interested. Any suggestions or success stories with a system this large would also be appreciated.

I'll be sure to photograph the creation of this system so everyone can have a visual illustration to be envious of. HA!

Hi Derek,

that is truely HUGE!!

Sounds exciting and I definately want to see some day.

I do have some retro PC lights if you are interested; each ballast drives 2 55W PC lights. I think I have 2 spare sets of them (two lights each). They wouldn't cost you more than $50 each.

Re: Huge Tank!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11727195#post11727195 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rodeo klown
Any suggestions or success stories with a system this large would also be appreciated.

Have you checked out the "Large Reef Tank" forum here?

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=252

Regardless of what you may or may not have heard, you really should stop by the CDMAS forum and ask about items for sale...or just browse...theres allways equipment (and lots) for sale.

Happy Reefing. :)

Welcome.

Sounds like its going to be an aweome tank. What tank do you have now? will the new tank be reef or FO?

Jeff

Definately a reef tank! Love those tangs!

Right now I have a oceanic 70gal setup as a mixed reef so this is a huge jump but I thought one giant setup is better than a whole bunch of little ones. Plus I'll be able to keep more than one tang at a time!

Rainer, Are those pc retro's 4' long like the 55w fixtures? If so, they may not work. I have two 3' halide fixtures with t5's and I was going to supplement them with three more 250w pendants.

Still working out the kinks!

The plumbing is probably most confusing to me due to the size of everything. How many $400 pumps shold I have? GEEZ!!

This is going to be one interesting setup, cant wait to see it underway. with that size tank i would say you can have a lot more then 1 tang, LOL. I would think you should be able to keep at least 6, but probably could get away with more. Really cool.

I cant wait to see it setup!!

If you ever need to use them suction cups again, send me a message here or on cdmas.

Back