Hulk acan help

Alexmmix111

I've had this acan for about a month now. I bought it from a guy in my local area. It was eating and doing fine and then it started to lose flesh and showing skeleton but it's forming new little baby acans. I dose my take with reef fusion 1 and 2 every two day it gets 3 caps. I'm running a 120 with 8 t5ho the perms are
Nitrite 20
Nitrate .5
Alk 120
Ph 7.8.
Using strip test kits. I need to invest in a reef test kit.
3c4136eb547647c45fc05c7261082548.jpg
9500cb84cbab18f0577b20ee6a04dd88.jpg
ac70e2b851a5f5d1201681190f2208fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is it's placement in the tank? What are the other inhabitants? How long has the tank been set up as you shouldnt have any nitrite. I would have someone else double check your water and invest in some better tests asap. Could be it got to much light or something is picking at it.

It's placed about 18inchs down from the light. The fish In it are fox face. Sailfin. Honeycomb damsel. Blue damsel. Snowflake eel. Tomato clown green chromis. . Inverts- emerald crab. Pink spin urchin. Red Cortez crab. Blue leg crab. The tanks been running for about 1 year 3 months. I'll get the water re checked tonight.

Do you have any other corals in the tank? How do they look? If all is well, I wonder if the crabs have made the connection between you feeding the Acan and food. Maybe they were trying to get at it and in the process destroyed your coral.

Do you have any other corals in the tank? How do they look? If all is well, I wonder if the crabs have made the connection between you feeding the Acan and food. Maybe they were trying to get at it and in the process destroyed your coral.

Possibly but I withheld feeding for a week to see if it might get better and it showed sign of deteriorating still and I've never seen a crab on it

Do you have any other corals in the tank? If so how do they look? Also, is your Nitrite reading actually 20 or was that a typo?

Last edited:
Back