Hydor Koralia 2 vs Tunze Nano

I have both a Tunze nanostream and a Koralia 2 in my tank and in IMO I feel a stronger flow from the Tunze while the Koralia is more disperse, so i point that one towards the glass and I point my Tunze to my sps

Psam- i think its opposite as far as flow....the koralia seemed widely dispersed compared to the tunze and you could place it almost directly at sps....the water is moved almost in a 90 degree angle in a bunch of different directions....its not a cheap knock off of tunze....its simply a different company that decided to make a pump like the tunze that people can actually afford...and they did a good job and i'd still choose the koralia even if the tunze was the same price

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10469807#post10469807 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bigbyrd
the size is the only thing better in the tunze...its overpriced and isnt worth it when you can get a koralia with the same flow for half the price. i tried the tunze out and like the koralia 10x better, more widespread flow...people think since its more expensive it must be better quality...not true in this case...koralia all the way...youll get used to the size and wont even notice it after a while

if you're trying to save $10-$20 on an item that has a life span of 5 years or more, might as well get something you really like instead of trying to justify it dollar per dollar...

Simple, they dont have to be expensive if you are happy with the performance and the price, go with it. That what I did, and dont regret a thing.

I love my koralia. I get tons of flow from it and I like how it is dispersed instead if a straight stream

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10473651#post10473651 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by diver_ua
Many reefkeepers in Russia have problems with Nanostream pumps! Nanostream is much worst than old models (6060, 6100 etc).

The Tuze nano streams are the first ones they have built in a "production line" method. All prior Tunze powerheads were built by hand. Thus, the quality of the nanostreams are much more inferior than their predecessors.

I have the 6025, and do not like it one bit. All the little clips they use to attach the bracket have broken off (not a huge deal, I just glued the bracket to the magnet:D . However, it does get stuck, and I have to "thump" it once in awhile to get it to move again.

All in all, I am dissatisfied with it, I will not buy another one again. (just my two cents worth!):mad:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10485687#post10485687 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DW62
The Tuze nano streams are the first ones they have built in a "production line" method. All prior Tunze powerheads were built by hand. Thus, the quality of the nanostreams are much more inferior than their predecessors.

I have the 6025, and do not like it one bit. All the little clips they use to attach the bracket have broken off (not a huge deal, I just glued the bracket to the magnet:D . However, it does get stuck, and I have to "thump" it once in awhile to get it to move again.

All in all, I am dissatisfied with it, I will not buy another one again. (just my two cents worth!):mad:

i was just wondering if you have gotten the new revision of the Nano Streams...? i too got very frustrated with mine... i went through 3 pairs of Nano Stream... all 6 pumps started rattlling within a week or 2... but instead of just continously returning it, i just decided to wait for the new revision... once it came out, i sent my pair back to Roger and he gave me the new pumps... they've been in my tank for almost 2 weeks now and they're still silent... in the past, one or the other of the pumps will give out before the week was up... but i'll continue to cross my fingers that these new versions will hold up... now if they'll hurry up and come out with the revised bracket already...

6025's are great. dead silent and low wattage. the flow kills my buddies koralia....and if i ever need more flow...a few snips and i've got 1000+gph.

koralia 2 is avery good product for value-money.....
the 6025,is too expensive.......if you have money to spend for nothing....:rolleyes: :smokin:

I must say i am biased. I really do like tunze products, i was always going to go with nanostreams for aesthetics....i dont care for the look of the koralia's very much...

this is the way i looked at it.....

champion has 6025's for $55, koralia 2's are $45. Stock, the tunze's push more and with a simple mod you can get 1000+ gph out of a 6025. So for $10 more you can get over 400gph more.

jmo :D

I found this rather well put...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10513359#post10513359 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Europa13
Choosing a Tunze nano stream 6025 over a K4 is pretty much a no-brainer.

The Tunze is a lot smaller (Tennis ball size compared to Coke can size)
With the simple mod, The Tunze will be equal in output (1200 gph)
Most importantly, TUNZE will stand behind their product. Hydor will not.
Tunze guarantees the entire pump, Hydor only guarantees the one part that will never break. Tunzes customer service is as good as it gets.

IMO, saving $3.00 to get a Hydor is not worth it.

Hear, hear!

i had a tunze 6025 in my 24 aquapod and it was too much flow for my corals and sexy shrimp. i replaced it with a koralina 1 and the flow is just perfect for my setup. then again i have only 2 pounds of live rock in the display portion so I imagine i need less flow then others.

Back