hyposalinity treatments?

darkangler

So, I've never used this method before. Any helpful info or experiences would help. I know how to do it, however I have a few questions.

#1 Are eels safe with this treatment? (The eel doesn't have it, but he is in the fish only tank with a box fish and a bird wrasse.

#2 How safe is it? I've tried every other method and have had complete range of success and failure. Is there alot of risk, besides Ph swings?

# Do you need aged freshwater or can you just match temp? If so, how long to age? (2 or 3 days?, kinda in a hurry.)

Any additional info on actual experience would greatly help. Thanks.

Seth

From my understanding the fresh water does not need to be aged but you do need to match temp and you need to make sure that you buffer it to make sure that the ph is the same. Hope this helps and I am sure that someone will come along and give some more information for you. Hope it works.

Brandon

Be carwful to lower the salinity slowly with the fish in the water. Take small steps until you reach your desired salinity. There are some good articles on the disease health section board of the main forum.

Back