I DOSED nitrate, and all can say is WOW!

I was thinking about dosing Nitrate. Maybe MgNO3 be a good choice. I would doubt the problem is the nitrate.

Can't see how Potassium would be added in any appreciable amounts when adding Potassium Nitrate, you would have to add large amounts of KN03 to substantially raise Potassium levels in the tank.

+1

I remember reading somewhere that the amount of potassium added from potassium nitrate is very little relative to natural seawater levels and the amount of nitrate you'd be adding.

As an aside, don't bother buying the KZ potassium test kit. It is a total, 100% waste of money. If you live nearby, you can have mine for free. The test kit reads the same (I forget, but it was around 200 or so) regardless of whether I'm testing tank water or tank water with concentrations of potassium added that should have raised the sample by 400ppm (it still tested around 200ppm, instead of 600ppm) or a sample made up with 800ppm added (it still measured around 200ppm). The test kit might measure something, but it's not potassium. At first, I thought my potassium source was bad, so I bought another bottle, and then another bottle from another manufacturer. None of it made a bit of difference. The problem was the test kit.

wow , i'm trying to control the nitrate/nitrite problems and you guys are dosing it....wipes brow !!!! Good job at keeping it stable.

Back