specifically asked for and purchased at a LFS â€"œ no
Is it normally considered a "nuisance" in threads on RC â€"œ 66% of the time
Does it move by flagella â€"œ no
Does it move by cilia â€"œ no
Guess - Asterina star
Does it have a shell â€"œ Yes
Hint 3 â€"œ it has 2 shells
Does its juvenile form resemble its adult form? - Yes

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14169324#post14169324 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by token
Is it a gastropod?

No

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14169359#post14169359 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hattie B
Is it unicelluar?

No

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14169364#post14169364 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hattie B
Reproduce asexually?

Yes and No.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14169388#post14169388 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by token
Is it a chiton?

Guess? No but it is Chitonous

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14169391#post14169391 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hattie B
Does it have pseudopods?

No

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14168779#post14168779 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by token
As for rules, the only change I might make is a refinement on the "steal". As it is, we just end up double-posting.

Yeah, I think the problem is no one wants to take the time to copy the photo to another location. Thus they give away the source site along with the photo. I'm hesitant to change the rules without a restart of the thread, but here's what I'm thinking... For a steal, one needs to find a duplicate of the image, not the same web address as the photo in the correct answer. All other rules apply. Sound good?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14169401#post14169401 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by israelnajar
Guess?
No, trying to get closer to the target. I am still not sure. Are we looking for a common name, presuming it has one...?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14167173#post14167173 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MotherFish
Is it normally considered a "nuisance" in threads on RC?

Is it me? :D

cents.gif

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14169546#post14169546 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by token
Is that 65000 species under one genus?

No, not under one genus but there are several orders and subclasses, that is why I said the class is ok.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14169582#post14169582 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Whys
Is it me? :D

cents.gif

No sorry. :(

Need your help guys.

I want to restart this thread after this riddle but need some good descriptions for levels of specificity. All of you seem to know this stuff waaay better than me, so help me out. :)

In order of most to least specific:

- Genus - Species?
- Family - Order?
- Class - Phylum?

I need some good example descriptions of these, if these are what we should consider using. Please keep in mind that this is a newbie forum.

The old taxonomical classifications had a mnemonic:

Kings -- Kingdom
Play -- Phylum
Chess -- Class
On -- Order
Fine -- Family
Grained -- Genus
Sand -- Species

Although a lot has changed in the last fifteen years, this is still a valid structure, even with all the switches, adds, etc.

Back