I thought this was strange!

Fliger

Since I posted this, I was able to remove the clownfish and put em in the sump. Thankfully clownfish are super easy to catch!!!

-----

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=801908

------

Of course this happens right before I'm supposed to leave for 4 days. A couple days ago I put a decent sized stag colony into my 37G cube that has a pair of clownfish. Well this morning I realized they have decided to host in it. Worst, I think they're going to spawn in it. One is flapping his tail right at the part where the main "trunk" branches out and the other is going all over the colony - kinda nipping at it.

Is this usual? It is my favorite colony (of course) and will it stress the colony to death? Would they really lay eggs on a living SPS colony? The colony has lost its color, but is still definitely very healthy.

I can't believe this is happening this morning.

Any advice (in a hurry!) would be greatly appreciated!

David

I have had mine host Candy Cane, now an Alevopora,don't seem to hurt it. The Male sleeps in the cup of a Turbinaria(I've got pictures)

Mine seem to gravitate to zoas and now palys. Its funny watching them try to burrow into them. Doesn't seem to bother the zoa or palys much.

Ours hosted in our torch before we got the RBTA. The torch didn't like it at all and it killed 2 heads on it. It has recovered fully since getting the RBTA. Clowns are weird- Erin wouldn't even put her hand in the tank before we had the RBTA- it would attack her hand but now it could care less.

And then my luck...I have two different anemenoes (flower, and BTA) and my stinkin' clown won't pay attention to either of them!

Mine hosts in my mushrooms. I don't think it is good for them because their body get black dots on them.

my host in my flower pot... they freaking love it.. seems to be ok.... it is funny to watch them when the lights are not on and it is completely withdrawn into its skeleton.. they are like.. "where the hell did our home go" then the lights come on and they are so flippin happy...

So my RBTA has had a rough life (it is its own fault for going down the overflow right after it split in the tank it came from, and then again 2x over in my tank without splitting), so it is currently about the size of a quarter. My ocellaris think that heaters and powerheads are what they are supposed to be hosted by... But tonight I saw the funniest thing. Both of them are a fair amount larger than this RBTA, but they are hosting in it! Its really funny cause they can fit about a fin's worth of their body in it, and they switch off who gets to go in. They have never shown any interest in any other anemone I've tried, including this one that has been in their tank for over a year.

Back