I went back to Metal Halide

Any up date on your tank? Im thinking about doing the switch too.....Have you got a Ele. Bill yet?

I haven't taken any recent photos I will try and get some tomorrow ...as for the electric bill it was really low this month even with the Christmas lights on and I put up a lot of lights . The weather was just right so no need for a.c. or heat ..that's your real electric bill issue. So I really don't know yet What the extra power use will be

I just switched back to 3 250watt halides with led supplement for the blue pop but I am happy so far. My only issue is keeping the heat down without an $800 chiller. I have seen no big change in electric but I run a pool everyday so not sure about the cost yet....

I just switched back to 3 250watt halides with led supplement for the blue pop but I am happy so far. My only issue is keeping the heat down without an $800 chiller. I have seen no big change in electric but I run a pool everyday so not sure about the cost yet....

What do you keep you A/C at ? What blue leds did you get?

I still have a lumenmax double end reflector with a pretty new phoenix bulb if anyone else wants to go this direction. 250w

I think the only reason the temp has not really effected me except for maybe 1 degree hotter is I run my halide in a gutted t5 combo hanging above my tank so no canopy

I think the only reason the temp has not really effected me except for maybe 1 degree hotter is I run my halide in a gutted t5 combo hanging above my tank so no canopy

Pics? Im thinking about doing the same thing to mine....Take our 3 rolls of t5s and put in Halides

It was a 4 bulb 48" t5 fixture with 2 250 DE metal hailed I reduced it to one 250 metal hailed and built the two led heat sinks with blues and uv and pink Leds I also have whites green red lime Leds that I'm not using at the moment just the 250 de Phoenix and the t5 3 blue plus 1 purple plus for daylight and love the color

What do you keep you A/C at ? What blue leds did you get?

Hey Matt I keep the ac around 76 in summer and my canopy is all open except the front. For the led I have 2 of my reef breeder value fixtures running blues at 100 and whites at 10. My lighting system is kind of a Frankenstein setup but the nems absolutely love it and so does my clam

Nice, You have all 3 light sources....

Yes and use all three in stages I like the all around options ..I will have to say I have seen a lot of changes from light to light on color of corals mainly t5 blue plus those really color up some corals ...the halide made some corals change colors and what I mean is within a few days the coral that was just green started to show kinda multi colors ..so looking every day during the first week of the halide some corals have added some new hues and I have definitely seen more polyp extension with the halide

Look amazing. What LED driver are yo using to power all your LEDs? Have you integrated a dimmer into them and or LED lens to help focus the beams?

Look amazing. What LED driver are yo using to power all your LEDs? Have you integrated a dimmer into them and or LED lens to help focus the beams?

I have three separate led drivers mean well drivers I don't know the model number off hand I'm at work but they are dimmable and I have them setup as one driver is all blues ...the second is pinks and uvs ..the third is whites red green limes. And the lens or optics I removed for the light to be more spread out and even looking

Back