ID please

abhutta

In the process of resetting up my tank after I had to move it. However I have spotted a bunch of these guys on my tank as I am recycling. Can anyone ID this and let me know if they are Good or Bad. Thanks
6d00e8d6ee1a568383addb4dbb073383.jpg

+1 on asterina. As far as them being good or bad i guess that all depends. Its mixed reviews, some say they eat zoas and some never have issues. Personally ive had them in almost all my tanks, i never bothered taking them out because the gf thought they were cute and i never had an issue with them. They do multiply quickly tho. If you get plague proportions harlequin shrimp eat them i believe, but will die after the asternia population is gone

+1 on asterina. As far as them being good or bad i guess that all depends. Its mixed reviews, some say they eat zoas and some never have issues. Personally ive had them in almost all my tanks, i never bothered taking them out because the gf thought they were cute and i never had an issue with them. They do multiply quickly tho. If you get plague proportions harlequin shrimp eat them i believe, but will die after the asternia population is gone

Thanks

I've had a population boom recently. But I've noticed them on some Zoas and sps occasionally. I've been removing them.

Back