If tank is already drilled then its not tempered?

M3AN ONE

Im picking up a tank tomorrow it has black back and is glass. Since back is black cant do the polarized test. My question is since its already drilled for overflows and I want to add another. Is it safe to assume the glass is not tempered.

Im picking up a tank tomorrow it has black back and is glass. Since back is black cant do the polarized test. My question is since its already drilled for overflows and I want to add another. Is it safe to assume the glass is not tempered.
Not if it's from the factory drilled. Glass can be tempered after drilling by the manufacturer.

All panels are typical the same so if the clear panels aren’t tempered there should be no reason to expect the back black panel to be right?

All panels are typical the same so if the clear panels aren’t tempered there should be no reason to expect the back black panel to be right?
Not necessarily. Tank manufacturers have a history of temping back, bottom and kne or both of those panels. That’s why I suggested contacting the manufacturer.

Back