illumnae's SPS shallow reef

Looks pretty darn good from here!!

Thank you! I'm playing around with the lighting now to add more blue hours... hope it improves the colours of the corals!

What kind of tang is the striped one? Looks like a convict with a stripe on its face?

It's a Zebra Tang, Acanthurus polyzona

Those are some beautiful frags too, where did they come from? Are they wild or tank grown? The colors are amazing.
They are tank grown. It's my first time buying from this seller. I have a few more from him that I want, but my tank has no more space!

Sorry I took so long to put the video together.* The clips in this video were all filmed on 17 April, about a week after I finished the dipping process, and barely a few days after I rescaped and glued the corals in place. I expected the SPS to be super ****ed off from the rough dipping treatment and the new scape, but they seem contented!

really cool. looks stabil and healthy :) I love the "granulosa"??? on the right sight. The last sps table :)

Thank you! I'm not sure what exactly it is, I think it came as a deepwater acro from Sabah. I've only ever seen it twice, and the other piece was taken by my friend and didn't survive. It's quite unique - pink body with bright yellow "eyes". I'll try and get a close up shot for you soon.

How long did it take your frags to become full colony?

Majority of my SPS were bought as wild collected, full grown colonies from Sulawesi, Australia and Sabah. I've had to trim many of them as they grow rather quickly. The myth that wild collected colonies are somehow harder to keep is just a myth, and very untrue.

Very happy to see your reef again!!!

Best regards!

Thank you!

Back