Independence Tank

I don't think it would. I built mine like that because I was planning on using the second from right chamber as a frag tank. I've since taken the baffle on the right out since and just turned the whole right chamber into a larger fuge.

:confused:So 4 of the baffles are set at the same height with only the bubble trap being higher. The baffle between the skimmer and fuge is off the bottom of the tank correct ?

I'm looking at the Mag 18 return pump, it's got 1800GPH, 21' max head. let me know if anyone's had one and what you thought of it ? I also picked up a duel inlet 7" sock today, eventully I will add a second one to reduce the load on the one. so hopefully I will have my sump done this coming weekend.

I use a mag 9 return and a mag 5 on my skimmer and i have never had a problem with them. They do generate a bit of heat if you use them insump but they work and prime like a charm!!!

:confused:So 4 of the baffles are set at the same height with only the bubble trap being higher. The baffle between the skimmer and fuge is off the bottom of the tank correct ?

The only one of mine that's not on the bottom is the middle one in the bubble trap. A mag 18 might be too much flow thru the sump. You don't want it ripping thru there too fast. Slower flow is better for filtration.

What one would you reccomend? Your right on the filtration, I heard the tank size x's 10 for a return that would be 1500. Can they be dialed down?

Ok, I've been slacking. I've got my fuge basically built with 1 panal of glass yet to go as I still have not decided on a pump so I have no footprint to go by. I purchased 2 new LED lights from ReefBreeders, the Photon 32s. 1 for each side of the 150. I spoke with Logan, the owner of the co. and was very impressed. I also ran threads on both the TRT and RC sites and received a lot of positive response so I now have those on hand, these things are ridiculously bright so this will take some getting used to.
Also new I reached a compromise with my wife in turning one of my Florida rooms into a mother-in-law suite so the room that the new tank goes into through the wall in the living room will be a fish room. Damn I wish I always bargained like that. So here are some pics of the room renovations. I have a water supply and beings that this part of my house is modular I have 20" of room underneath so I added support walls where needed, have my water line to stub up, ( I may move the RO/DI inside this room as opposed to the original idea of the garage) I will also be adding a drain to this room so when I'm siphoning my tanks I will have a fixed basin to run waste water through. I just need a sink or something to make sure I don't flush any critters out. I am debating where to place this drain ? Initaily I had planed on bringing it through the countertop by the tank but the more I think about it the bottom of the cabinet seems better suited for sump clean outs. I will put a drawings of it up today and would like your opinions on placement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
Room 3 blocking atop support walls, note waterline on the concrete. Also electrical all on 1 breaker that I can run with my generators

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
Pulling wire, my son said I was sitting around ! Thanks to al of my kids for helping out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
This is a rough drawing of the finished wall unit and tank. Note the 2 possible sink/drain locations. I'm leaning toward the lower one as I could siphon the sump easier. Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Back